World’s 50 best restaurants list released
April 27, 2010 10:15 a.m. EDT
This year’s top-ranked restaurant, Denmark’s Noma, helmed by chef René Redzepi, ranked at No. 3 in 2009
(CNN) — Danish cuisine reigns supreme, according to the some of the planet’s most prominent eaters.
S. Pellegrino’s annual “World’s 50 Best Restaurants” list was released on Monday at a celebrity-chef-studded event in London, England, marking the ninth edition of the much buzzed-about (and hotly debated) catalogue of the international culinary landscape.
Eight of the restaurants crowned this year — Alinea in Chicago, Illinois; Daniel, Per Se, Le Bernardin, Momofuku Ssäm Bar, wd~50 and Eleven Madison Park in New York; and The French Laundry in Yountville, California — are in the United States, this year’s most honored country.
Of the remaining 42 top finishers, six are in France; Spain and Italy each have five. Here is the full list:
1) Noma (Copenhagen, Denmark)
2) El Bulli (Roses, Spain)
3) The Fat Duck (Bray, England)
4) El Celler de Can Roca (Girona, Spain)
5) Mugaritz (Errenteria, Spain)
6) Osteria Francescana (Modena, Italy)
7) Alinea (Chicago, Illinois)
8) Daniel (New York)
9) Arzak (San Sebastián, Spain)
10) Per Se (New York)
11) Le Chateaubriand (Paris, France)
12) La Colombe (Cape Town, South Africa)
[ click to continue reading at CNN.com ]